Although direct hair transplant (DHI) seems the most technological way used in hair transplant treatment, it has some side effects. Even though all types of hair transplant surgeries can be successful in treating hair loss, they can lead to some side effects.
Most surgeries in hair transplant treatments are safe, and uncommonly cause complications. Especially FUE and DHI less risky than FUT because FUE and DHI treatment techniques need surgical cuts less than FUT. However, in some cases, we encounter some side effects.
Also, some important information you should know that you have to quit smoking and drinking, 2 weeks before the DHI hair transplant treatment. Because these habits can decrease the effectiveness and increase side effects.
We have complied some of the side effects of DHI hair treatment for you:
- It is possible that an infection both the donor area and the recipient area.
- Negative reaction to anesthesia
- During the extract of your hair follicles from your scalp, surgeons use local anesthesia. Usually, this procedure is safe, but in some cases, it may cause a negative reaction.
- Shock hair loss
- This side effect can occur within 2 months after surgery. But it is normal and refers to a temporary hair loss.
- There will be bleeding when surgeons take your hair follicles from your scalp.
- Undesired appearance
- After taken hair follicles, surgeons will implant these hair follicles into the recipient area. But if surgeons implant hair follicles poorly, it can lead to an appearance you don’t want.
- In some cases, we confront some dizzinesses problem.
- Inflammation can occur where the area that implanted hair follicles.
The bottom line is every person has a different type of body and everyone has different habits. These differences can lead to some side effects. So, you should be careful of these side effects and if you have one of these you should contact your doctors.