Aftercare procedure is the most important part of the cosmetic surgeries because the success of the whole procedure may depends on the postoperative care. Aftercare procedure sometimes can directly affect the results of the cosmetic surgeires like hair transplant.
Especially in hair transplant surgery, post-operative care is more important because the transplanted hair is very delicate during the first few weeks and needs to be carefully looked after. There are some important points that you should be aware of.
- Keep the transplanted area moist. You must be sure that the area shouldn’t get too wet or too dry.
- Keep the swelling at a minimum level. You should sleep at a 45-degree angle, particularly the first three.
- Put a limit on your exercises. This is an essential part of the postoperative care procedure. You should avoid heavy exercises because you may sweat after the heavy exercises, and sweat may lead to shedding the transplanted hair.
- Apply ice therapy. Ice therapy will increase the success rate of the surgery. You may apply ice in the first 12 hours. It makes you feel good and help you to reduce swelling to a minimum.
- Avoid washing transplanted hair. Wash your hair after surgery till the time will be given by your doctor. When the right time has come you should wash your hair gently.
All in all, although hair transplant surgeries are done by different techniques, aftercare procedure is important in all types of the hair transplant procedure. Thus, you need to take good care of your transplanted hair, and you should carefully follow the instruction given by your surgeon. To learn more information about the whole hair transplant process, you can read our blog, or you can contact us by filling the form.